Jul 20, 2016School Board Summit - July 20, 2016
Jun 16, 2016Board Agenda - June 16, 2016
Jun 14, 2016Board Executive Session / Board Meeting - June 16, 2016
Welcome to Delta County School District’s Website. Delta County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Our staff provides a caring and compassionate environment as well as a rigorous and challenging curriculum. Communication between parents, communities and school is very important as we involve all stakeholders in the education of our students. The Delta County School District website is designed to assist in informing people about our School District. The school calendar, District policies, vision, sports schedules and many other items can be found from this web site or each individual schools’ website.
It is an honor to serve the many communities in Delta County as the District Superintendent. The support and enthusiasm I witness each day is tremendous. We appreciate the Delta County School District students, staff and community for creating a positive learning environment. The District continues to strive for academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. Our schools are performing well through student growth and achievement. We look forward to meeting the needs of all learners, to ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential, and to prepare our graduates to have options in college and/or enter the workforce or the military.
The recognitions and achievements of our schools are many and are the result of Board and administrator leadership, teacher/staff and student dedication, community support and parent involvement.
District Motto: Caring, Challenging, Learning . . . Every Student, Every Day!
Fun Facts about our School District:
- District Covers 1157 square miles.
- Our District has a five-member Board of Directors.
- We deliver quality instruction to 4958 students each day!
- We have a $48 million dollar annual budget.
- We have 600 contracted employees.
- We have 24 instructional sites:
- 4 High Schools
- 3 Middle Schools
- 5 Elementary Schools
- 1 K-8 School
- 1 K-12 School
- 4 Early Childhood centers
- 3 Alternative High School sites
- 1 Back-Pack Program
- Delta Montrose Technical College
- We have District Office support for:
- Administration offices
- Special Services
- Food Service
- During the 2013-2014 school year, our District served:
- 132,161 Students for breakfast
- 386,024 Students for lunch
- We have 46 Bus routes that travel 2300 miles a day.
- In 2013-2014 our buses traveled 478,000 miles
Jul 20, 2016
- School Board Summit - July 20, 2016 - Download the flyer here.
Jul 12, 2016
- School supply lists for the upcoming 2016 school year are available here.
Jun 16, 2016
- A new Board Agenda has been released today.
Jun 14, 2016
- Board executive session June 16, 2016 - Download the flyer here.
May 24, 2016
- Board Work Session flyer for May 27, 2016 has been revised today.
For more events, please see our school calendar here.
For our Professional Development calendar, please go here.
We offer medical, dental, and behavioral health to all youth aged 0-18 in Delta County at NO upfront cost. No insurance? No problem! We have enrollment assistance for all families.
For more information, click here.
For more information on DCSD's Gifted & Talented program please visit the Special Services website.
|Posted: Jul 22, 2016||Posted: May 10, 2016|
|Posted: May 10, 2016||Posted: Apr 14, 2016|
|Posted: Mar 23, 2016||Posted: Mar 21, 2016|
|Posted: Mar 10, 2016||Posted: Feb 04, 2016|